Friday, April 13, 2012

Best Sheild for an Ironskin Wolfbarb

[:1]Hi y'all, I'm currently putting together a 20 shout/20 ironskin wolf barb (using wolfhowl) and at the moment I'm using stormsheild as his sheild but I'm not convinced that is the right choice.

Any other suggestions of what would be better?|||Gerke's Sanctuary comes to mind as a great defensive shield.|||*Shield

Gerke's is too slow imo. Unless you're lacking resists you can't really beat a Shaeled SS's speed and DR.|||Quote:








*Shield




Dammit, I knew I spelled (spelt?) something wrong.

Currently the SS I'm using is diamond'd, but I'm not sure on his end reses as I have yet to do anya quests for him and a few more points should be going into natural res before he's finished.

I also need to work out what attack breakpoint he's currently at too, cause I don't think shael will be necessary with werewolf, breath's and highlords IAS.

I was considering Dream/Dragon in a 3os Sup Trolls nest (highest def shield, yes higher than aegis and ward, with lower str requirment o.O)

Or Phoenix in a sup 4os Ward. But I have no experience with said runewords and would like to know if they're worth it before sinking massive ammounts of ingame wealth into building them.

Regardless I think a high res sheild (maybe something like double um'd mosers) should be in my stash to overresit when it's needed.|||You will want a shield with nice mods, like both Stormshield and Gerke's, but you also want it to be a fast blocker. A blocking animation lasts a couple of frames, during which nothing else can be done (just like hit recovery, but without you taking any damage, and using the block breakpoints instead of FHR ones). Wolves are terribly slow in their blocking animation (not as bad as bears, but far from good). Anything you can do to avoid beeing stuck in blocking animation is good, that's why Gerke's, while it has good mods, is still quite useless.

That is also the reason a Shael in your SS would be good, since it increases block speed in shields.|||Quote:










That is also the reason a Shael in your SS would be good, since it increases block speed in shields.




Oh so it does, my bad, I'm so used to it being used in weapons I thought it would give IAS. >.<.

Just checked wolfs block breakpoints, and yeah they are quite bad (also amazed at how awesome holy shield palas are with block speed, but thats getting off topic). So I think shael storm is something I will definitlly have to try.

Thanks for the replies guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment