Monday, April 16, 2012

Keys location in ze registry?

Hiho .) I recently reinstalled diablo 2 but I couldn't find my cd keys..

I used them on an old install on another computr so I plugged old system registry and tried to find them there.. I could find only installation paths and my aaaancient battle.net character names >_<

Soo.. where are those keys?

Thanx in advance ^_^|||I think keys are stored in some of .mpq or .dll files, not in registry.|||You won't find them that way. You have to use a 3rd party program called a deleted.|||Ye, what they said. Just beware when you search for of use them as nasty stuff are often attached to progs like that.|||As mentioned earlier, they are stored in the MPQ files in the D2 installation directory, but they are also encrypted in there. In other words, they aren't in an obvious location within those storage files.

This is intentional by Blizzard, and as such programs that are used to extract these keys are generally discouraged on this forum, mostly because such programs could also be used to fetch cd-keys from other installations other than your own. Downloading third party programs in general can be very risky as well unless it's from a trusted source.

In future, register your D2 cd-keys with Blizzard by creating an account at www.battle.net. This way you'll always have access to them, even if you lose the original manual/jewel case.

No comments:

Post a Comment