Friday, April 13, 2012

Question about Nature's peace

[:1]Nature's peace

Slain Monsters Rest In Peace*

Prevent Monster Heal

Poison Resist +20-30% (varies)

Damage Reduced By 7-11 (varies)

Level 5 Oak Sage (27 charges)

What exactly is this thing worth? I'm currently using one of these on my Amazon purely for the Oak Sage spirits I can cast with that and I can say it's terrific as it boosts my life to 2k (no high budget no Call to Arms just to avoid confusion here:-) However it's true that the spirit is very vulnerable with it's 123 life. To counter that - it's not hard for me to recast it. I've been doing the recasting technique with Sorceress since I made HotO with her and it worked well. It works even better with Amazon since I obviously don't use Teleport so the spirit usually approaches enemies after me. Charge price? Not high actually, one charge costs maybe 1 or 2k so that's not a problem. The problem is i found a SoJ and can't decide if I should use it. High mana boost would be excellent for me, as Freezing Arrow is pretty much mana-hungry. However having 1300 and 2000 life is a noticeable difference even if that 2000 life is "optional" lasting as long as the spirit.|||I would prefer the SoJ, unless you're running Nihlathak. A properly played Bowazon shouldn't be getting hit anyway. Its benefit with Nihlathak is that it prevents him from using Corpse Explosion. I guess it could be useful situationally in the World Stone Keep if you are facing Burning Souls who are being resurrected over and over again. Otherwise, the extra mana combined with the +1 to skills will be much better.|||and the 700 extra life doesn't mean a damn?|||When that life is granted by something with 1/20th of your HP and no intelligence... |||I find the oak sage annoying. My sorc who runs keys (nilithak) has nature's peace (and heart of the oak) but I don't use the oak sage, because it always dies anyway while I'm teleporting around. CtA is a much less annoying way to get the health boost.

I suppose if you're not teleporting it won't die as often, but still things like tomb vipers or gloams or really anything with area hits are going to own it.

Anyway, as to how much it's worth, I bought mine for, if I recall correctly, 5 pgems.

For most amazon builds something like BK + Ravenfrost seems like the logical choice.|||A BK ring doesn't make sense for bowazons. I would prefer a dual leech ring or if you already have mana leech from somewhere (like WF), a good LL ring. BTW, BO doesn't boost life per level, so a plain life bonus is probably better than what a BK ring offers.|||BK does make sense for FA bowazons, since they're +skills based, but yes SOJ is probably superior for the mana boost.

NP is really only good for countering Nihl's CE|||I don't know. I find this thing particularly useful for example when running pindleskin. Those massed charges when all of the zombies suddenly attack me at once are pretty lethal and oak sage saves me in this situation... with 125 life it can withstand two shots and like I said, I have it hotkeyed and 0.5 sec after one is destroyed, another one pops out....|||If you cannot kill Pindle and pick up the loot before the zombies awake, you are doing it the wrong way.

OK, not wrong, but ineffective :).|||Hm. Running Pindleskin with my FA / strafer is pretty safe. run to the entrance of the Pindy loveshack, toss a valkyrie into their midst, hit with a series of Frozen Arrows to freeze and then kill them, strafe if he spawns Cold Immune. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Even if he's cold immune and the zombies outside have a chance to wake up, a quick Decoy to cover my back does the job. Can't remember the last death there.

No comments:

Post a Comment