Friday, April 13, 2012

Something weird about resolution

[:1]So i installed D2 again and went through tons of posts on tons of forums about resolution on a widescreen, I wanted to make it fullscreen on my widescreen monitor. In the end I couldnt find anything useful and used an older square lcd monitor. Everything worked fine and i thought i would try to duplicate the displays and see what happened on my widescreen. The game loaded and was fullscreen on my widescreen and I thought it looked just fine, didnt seem to stretch much at all. The black bars that I hated were gone.

The problem is, that only works if i duplicate them and I couldnt get it to work on just my widescreen no matter what I tried. Anyone have any suggestions?|||Check your video card settings. There are settings like "Maintain aspect ratio" which will put black bars on the sides or top/bottom. There are also scaling settings which might increase or decrease the relative size of the black bars (no stretch vs a little stretched vs a lot stretched).|||Worked great! Thanks alot! This will make my time waiting for D3 much easier :P|||This "Older lcd monitor", unless it is from 1998, is probably designed for resolutions 1280*1024 and higher, which means it has 5:4 aspect ratio (while diablo is 4:3). So it should still stretch the image, although it is not noticeable as much as vs 16:9 case. Video driver settings fixes it, as already mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment