Monday, April 16, 2012

Worth of Strafezon without WF/Faith

Hi guys

In past month I asked you for help in choosing the bow for my FA/Strafezon which ended up with me choosing a Buriza over Lycander's Aim and Witchwild String (altough an upped Lycander is still on the switch, though mainly for casting Valkyries). As I'm advancing through hell act 3 however, I find myself kinda weak. Some monsters take a lot of time to kill and I'm often relying VERY heavily on merc/valk/decoy while slowly eating through their life pool. At level 83 my Buriza das 98 - 370 with my overall damage output (considering Venom from Treachery, Enchant from Demon Limb and Might from merc is active) 849-2488. That is not bad but still I had a lot of problems in Canyon of the Magi and within the tombs with the Scarabs, Wendigos and such. Second main problem is that strafe-lock that is becoming increasingly annoying and dangerous. It's just around 2 seconds but still. I found a breakpoint table for buriza which lists 130 IAS for 12 frames, which is where I am atm and an astonishing 215 IAS for 11 frames which is the last. I can't reach that much. Lycander's is weak. WWS even weaker. Goldstrike Arch, bah...

So I'm now considering taking a respec from Akara and rebuild my Zon to a hybrid LF FA. Do you consider this a clever move or not? I have Thunderstrokes and Titans, so no worries abou the equipment. I've seen my friend with a LF eating through tough Hell monster pack like a knife through butter - if it was my zon in that same situations, she would have to cast decoy back off and strafe and strafe and strafe and strafe like crazy while recasting valk recasting decoy and ressurecting merc of course...:-) I didn't want to admit that but it seems more and more obvious to me that strafe being absolutely dependant on your bow equipment is unable to match the power of Lighting Fury without "uber class" bows - WF, or Faith

can you confirm or disprove this?

thanks in advance|||strafe is weapon dependent, LF is +skill dependent. in amazon forum there is a guide for LF/FA hybrid which works very well even with cheap gear. you can check it.|||Quote:








strafe being absolutely dependant on your bow equipment is unable to match the power of Lighting Fury without "uber class" bows - WF, or Faith




Absolutely. IMO even with Faith or WF Strafe and MS are underpowered compared to a modestly equipped hybrid zon. Go-go respec!|||Advice taken. Welcome Hybrid!

BUT

now i have 420 stat points to distribute. Where should they go? Biggest question here: Is the MaxBlock for Amazon worth it? With FA/LF I don't need dex at all do I? If not, than there are Moser's two Pdiamonds shield handling the resist for me. Or Blackoak Shield giving me around 40 dex and 100+ life. If yes... well another question - does Dexterity increase the damage of Javelins? If so, than there are couple of listed choices and even with max block with so much Dex put in, however I'll be losing on life then... but wait, after all I'm elemental now, so I don't really need to raise damage of my weapons do I?

Damn this is getting confusing:-)|||i would have just equipped 2 different bows myself.|||You would rather just strip everything away from your amazon and run through Hell with a cracked sash

On a serious note - I decided to make a LF FA hybrid. The thing is i'm just in doubts whether to max block or not. And which shield to use if so; or eventually if not.|||Assuming that you are a ranged attacker, I suggest putting as many points into dexterity as you can, since that raises your damage and AR. If you plan on melee'ing with charged strike, you should wear a Stormshield for that extra damage reduction (plus lots of other goodies)|||Don't bother with dex for damage/AR. Maxed res and the D/A/E skills mostly take care of safety, but max block is handy against archer packs and frenzytauars. Moser's is a decent blocker, so I'd spec max block if you're gonna stick with that for now.

GLHF!|||rhyme in a tower shield (or pavise or hyperion) is pretty decent really. Stormshield is obviously the best if keeping alive is your worry.|||Quote:








rhyme in a tower shield (or pavise or hyperion) is pretty decent really. Stormshield is obviously the best if keeping alive is your worry.




Rhyme shield is not a bad idea... however Hyperion's strength requirement is rather high and tower shield is Heavy (as well as Pavise), which will slow my amazon down. Don't know what's your opinion about that, but I find the running speed crucial for amazon to escape quickly from dangerous positions. On the other hand, with a max block shield I will be walking anyway huh

Should I skip the Rhyme option in favor of Moser's? There is that Stormshield thing too but I'll start to consider that after coming across one hehe this thing seems to be quite rare. I'm also considering Luna option atm (Blackoak Shield) with the highest life boost of any unique and also highest cold absorb and dex bonus it could do quite well...

No comments:

Post a Comment