Monday, April 16, 2012

Temp ban from Bnet

Hi, I started playing D2 again reciently but I keep having the same problem day after day.

After spamming a few Baal runs I get the message; "Your connection has been temporarily suspended from this realm. Please try to log in at another time".

Its my understanding that this is because I've joined too many games too fast and the server mistakes me for a bot.

Whats annoying is when I log back on after two hours and I see the same bot farming Baal runs (baal-234 when I'm banned and when I come back its the same bot in baal-634).

Anyone have any tips on how to avoid this? Or how bots manage to play hundreds of games in succession without recieving this ban?|||Hello, tips to avoid this are quite simple:

- don't create/join too many games per hour (I think it shouldn't be more than 20 games per hour)

- if you're doing repeated mf runs, try to stay longer in each game (i.e. add some more targets to your killing spree)

- don't create/join games too quickly - always leave few seconds before you exit game and click on Create or Join button

As I understand it, purpose of temp bans is not to prevent boting, but ease the server load. Bots have quickly adapted and they adhere to the rules listed above to avoid temp bans. And I think that bot you followed is not temp banned (while you are) because he uses multiple CD-keys and switches every 20 games.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment