Thursday, April 12, 2012

Unorthodox builds you play

[:1]I was wondering what build you guys play that goes against conventional wisdom.

Even if you want them to be somewhat effective, i mean my bow barb is unorthodox but not very effective.

I can give an example, my main MF sorc.

Gear is pretty standard tho

Tal set

Spirit

Nagel ring

SoJ

Chance guards

War travelers

And CTA on switch

and the usual anni torch gheeds etc

Vita setup

Life 2474 Mana 1122 with BO



Might Merc has

CoA with sol sol

Gladiators bane with ias jewel

Eth Reapers toll with amn

Def 3,3k PDR 34 Dam 4,2k

Now to the unusual part

Skill distribution:

(i know i wasted a few points on cold mastery)

Main attack is FO

with 38 total in ice bolt and frozen orb

40 in mastery

No backup attack but my trusty merc

In the fire tree:

Warmth (29)

Enchant at (15)

In the lightning tree

1 Mana Teleport (24)

And Energy shield (16)

I prebuff with shiver armour enchant to the merc and energy shield and of course BO and command while in running the area.

This means I'm one element no block vita sorc with non synergiezd energy shield.

Does this even work ?

Yeah it actually does, the low synergy on energy shield do make it take a decent amount of damage in combat but the 1 mana teleport and high warmth means i can always keep teleporting.

One of the reasons i use this setup is that it actually keeps potion use to a minimum as warmth and shield give me a very high regen.

And if something scary happens 2,4k like lets you get out of any mf situations.

The merc can handle all cold immune mini bosses i run like countess etc.

And the decreep handles the cold and phys immunes.

Still a lightning sorc would be faster so why run like this ?

The main reason is that this is my first bnet toon so its kind of a tribute to her, only thing i did was use a token to redistribute statpoints a bit.

But she does work running all areas of the game with her orb and trusty second act poker.

I guess a baal run takes 15 seconds longer as you have to telestomp the skeletons in the second wave but im no grail hunter so its ok :)

It allso means at some areas you actually have to play a bit like when you run nithlak you have to position yourself with atleast some thought.

This is not for everyone but atleast it different from your basic metaorber or lightning hoser.

So now tell me your unconventional build or give comments to this one even its its just the basic "omg this is so bad, xxx is much better!!"|||It may work, but there is a more efficient way to go about it. Kudos to you though.

My odd build I'm currently working on is a Rift-a-sin. Basically a kick sin that uses rift for the CtA FO. In order to actually give her decent damage I have a moser's shield socketed with facets, Nightwing's with a facet, and the odd piece out, a Natayla's chest with 3 facets. The Nat's gives me some good stats and +skills, plus it has 3os for the facets. I walk around with about 45% cold damage and -40% cold res. Once I get an infinity on my merc it will be a sweet build. Goreriders takes care of cold immunes, traps take care of cold/phys immune, and my kicks have the potential of spitting out up to 5 orbs per second. That's more cold damage than a decked out cold sorc!|||Sweet little build you got going there :)|||I tried this but gave up before completing. NF is correct in naming her Patience |||A few patches ago, I built a conviction/fireball paladin using 5/5 facets, trans gloves + belt, lvl 20 conviction aura and fireball. If I could of afforded it HoJ would of gone on him too.

He was more funny and "wtf?" than good though.|||My favorite character is my Singer. It's not the most unorthodox build in itself, but What I do with him is. I run pits with him with 825 MF, super fun, I love him!|||I have to say thats an impressive amount of mf you have there, a good grail hunter with your pit running speed.

My toos is just something i've becomed VERY used to the playstyle of since it was the first one i had on bnet.|||i found a stormspire once, so i had to do a char which carries the weapon (because i just love the scythe-look).

started a barbarian with whirlwind and 20 points in the mastery

sucked, but looked pretty good|||made a golemancer a long, long time ago in 1.10... he sucked badly once he hit hellmode, but considering I was playing with a summoner amazon (trying to max valkyrie), it was pretty fun.



And it showed me how utterly useless fire golem and blood golem are compared to the awesome iron golem and the boss-slowing gumby |||Low and mid levels Low for dueling Mid for solo fun.



I use SSoG's Ugly builds a lot.



Spoiler


http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/index..._Mighty_Kodiak

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/for...howtopic=67385

No comments:

Post a Comment