Thursday, April 12, 2012

Seriously... WTF is going on. I think I broke the game.

[:1]I think I broke the game...

I've run Nik for Destruction keys, well over 93 times(I mean WELL over) in the last 3 days.

0 freakin' keys...

You know how I know it's over 93 times... Because after 2 days of 0 keys, lost count of how many runs.

I started naming my games numerically in order starting at WTF1...

I'm now at WTF93...

First few days I started my normal MF runs... Frigid, Meph, Andariel, Countess, Chaos, WSK then Nik.

Started getting frustrated... Shortened it too Frigid, Meph, Andariel, Countess.

Started getting even more agitated... Went, Frigid then straight to Nik.

Today in a fit of fury... Just started running Nik and only Nik.

0...

Not one...

I don't understand it... I know it's random. Like 1 in 12 or around there.

I just don't get what the heck is going on... I honestly think in I'm guesstimating 200+ runs I've done of Nik and not one key, I have better odds of hitting the Powerball.

I mean on this Sorc I'm playing now... I got 1 key, it was from the either the first or 2nd kill I did of Nik while lvling him up.

Since then when I finally finished my smiter to start ubers... I start keyrunning, and well, I haven't struck out this much since High School.

I tried running Nik, literally, on my smiter and then my strafezon... Walking the slow route. Still nadda.

And out of pure rage and frustration, and downright stubbornness I refuse to trade for one...

Chalk in the countless and I mean countless deaths to the stupid vipers... Or this PoS Occy proccing me into orgies of mobs. I'm borderlining hysteria.

I'm flipping out more and more with every run to where I hit the point of me not picking up items anymore... I think in the last 2 hours I raged out of picking up 2 unique rings, hysterically pressing the ESC to start another game so I can not have a key drop and can freak out even more.

To top it off... I'm literally raging so hard, while I type this rant, I may have busted my mouse. Which I'm fine with since it sucks.

But anyhoo...

So I'm left with one conclusion... I broke the game, I killed b.net.

I'm sorry guys... I broke the game, not the botters, spammers, and dupers.

It was me...

I apologize...

EDIT: Sorry for all the ellipses, it's the rage emphatically pressing that . key.|||If the needed items refuse to drop, then buy them for the other stuff you found.

Maybe it's because you name your games "WTF<counter>" . Maybe it's karma, maybe a Blizzard employee saw how you name your games and screwed up all your characters, so they don't find dkeys.|||Quote:








If the needed items refuse to drop, then buy them for the other stuff you found.

Maybe it's because you name your games "WTF<counter>" . Maybe it's karma, maybe a Blizzard employee saw how you name your games and screwed up all your characters, so they don't find dkeys.




I don't know man... I really don't know.

I'm now at WTF104 and I just rage vendor'd my Occy because it got me killed for the umpteenth time porting me into a Pit Vipers poison and so I could afford more HP pots.

I'm laughing at how angering this is... And I'm so paranoid that my "show item" key is broke, I'm actually hovering over the ground to see if a Key is magically not showing up. Which come to think of it, is prolonging this, and probably the only reason I haven't gotten another temp ban from joining games too quick.

I know how RNG works... I understand odds... I'm quite good with statistics...But right now, I'm about 5 keyless games away from calling Blizzard just to rage at their automated customer support phonebot about mathematical probabilities.

I think I might find that more enjoyable...

I would like to add... I think I've developed OCD because of this ordeal.

EDIT: Losing it so badly, I forgot to Password 106 and the spammers blanketed my screen into yet another death.

Course no key when I finally got back down there... Guess the bot spammers aren't the magic key droppers.

Might fire my Merc and buy a new one... Maybe Abdul or w/e his name is, is cursed. I'll try anything at this point.

Err scratch that... I can't even afford to resurrect him ROFL. This is comical.

EDIT 2: Every time a rune drops from him and I see orange... It's the biggest up and down moment. Game's just completely screwing with me now.|||Alright I've given up for the night...

5 Bonehews later... Still no keys. Wonder what those odds are...

I'm at a loss for words... Goodnight |||My guess is that it's because there isn't a monster named "Nic" in the game. You should try killing Nihlathak.|||It's just an extremely bad streak of luck. I seem to recall someone on here going over 200 runs without seeing a single key.

My best advice. Take a break from running Nihlathak. Go and do some baalruns, join some duel games, farm up some gold for resurrecting your merc etc and try again later. Also instead of just running Nihlathak, try and run for the other keys as well, or add in some more of those bosses. Surely there are some other items you wouldn't mind finding? Just stop focusing on the keys and instead enjoy whatever items you find. Before you know it you'll have your 3 key sets.

At least as long as that extremely bad luck don't last longer.|||You need to wear an organ in invent to trigger a key dropping from nihla|||The same goes for me for hate keys. I have dozens of terror and destro keys and I have yet to find a single hate key. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doing something wrong, it does drop off the summoner in Act 2, right?|||A HAPPY ENDING????

4 Days Laters(Of actual intent to get a key, in reality probably 1-2 weeks)... A lowball guesstimation of at least 300ish runs in total.

The elusive key drops... Although I spent pretty much the entirety of my day off today running Nih.

And I totally feel unsatisfied...

So thinking my luck finally changed, and I was ready for a hotstreak... That finally I could run the minis and get ready for Uber Trist.

Ran Nih 20 more times... And was skunked every time.

Finally caved... Traded for D keys. Considering I had nearly a mule full of the other 2.

Figured 7 would be enough, even with my bad luck...

Got Furnance 4 times in a row... Started to get worried.

Got Matron's Den 3 times in a row...

Got really worried... Figured maybe that 1 magical key that I self found would give me the elusive Plains.

Cubed the last set of keys... Furnance.

WTF...

Rage overpaid for 2 more Destruction Keys...

Matron's Den...

Last key... Swore to myself I was gonna uninstall if I got Furance of Matron again.

Cubed... Covered my eyes.

Finally... Finally here we go.

Prepared for the Finale...

Cubed the crap and started my 1st Uber Run since coming back...

Thinking because of all this hassle, this Torch would be the Holy Grail, the "perfect" Pally Torch...

Surprisingly had 0 trouble with the ubers... Well that's not a good sign, why is my luck changing now.

Picked up the identified Torch... Picked up the stupid SoH.

Left Uber Trist... Cleaned up my inventory, refilled the pots on my belt, took a few minutes to realize I really did develop OCD from this ordeal.

And I identified it...

10/13 Druid Torch...

This game... One big 4 day joke.|||Quote:








A HAPPY ENDING????

4 Days Laters(Of actual intent to get a key, in reality probably 1-2 weeks)... A lowball guesstimation of at least 300ish runs in total.

The elusive key drops... Although I spent pretty much the entirety of my day off today running Nih.

And I totally feel unsatisfied...

So thinking my luck finally changed, and I was ready for a hotstreak... That finally I could run the minis and get ready for Uber Trist.

Ran Nih 20 more times... And was skunked every time.

Finally caved... Traded for D keys. Considering I had nearly a mule full of the other 2.

Figured 7 would be enough, even with my bad luck...

Got Furnance 4 times in a row... Started to get worried.

Got Matron's Den 3 times in a row...

Got really worried... Figured maybe that 1 magical key that I self found would give me the elusive Plains.

Cubed the last set of keys... Furnance.

WTF...

Rage overpaid for 2 more Destruction Keys...

Matron's Den...

Last key... Swore to myself I was gonna uninstall if I got Furance of Matron again.

Cubed... Covered my eyes.

Finally... Finally here we go.

Prepared for the Finale...

Cubed the crap and started my 1st Uber Run since coming back...

Thinking because of all this hassle, this Torch would be the Holy Grail, the "perfect" Pally Torch...

Surprisingly had 0 trouble with the ubers... Well that's not a good sign, why is my luck changing now.

Picked up the identified Torch... Picked up the stupid SoH.

Left Uber Trist... Cleaned up my inventory, refilled the pots on my belt, took a few minutes to realize I really did develop OCD from this ordeal.

And I identified it...

10/13 Druid Torch...

This game... One big 4 day joke.




Ouch.... I feel your pain >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment