Saturday, April 21, 2012

1.14.....

should we ever expect one to come? D3 is looking like November or Q1 2012.

But if its any later than that, I wonder if they'd continue to patch D2.|||Idk patch 1.14 prolly will not come till a very long time.|||I don't expect to ever see another D2 patch. The last one was a fiasco and a minor black eye for them (very minor as only people that play D2 would even know about it).

If we ever get another, it would probably be a labor of love with some motivated dev putting in his own time and then begging for testing resources.|||Well... actualy the las one was testing for D3 for the most part..|||I keep reading things online about alternate endings and more quests.... people are still buying this game after 11 years... You would think they owe us a lil something for sticking with it all this time.|||I don't really think Blizzard owes anyone anything really. It's not like their terms of agreement say "You are entitled to a patch every year." If Blizzard was to release a patch with an alternate ending, they would release it as a second expansion, which, in my opinion, would be unbelievably epic and once again I would have no life for a minimum of 2 months. Patches never really excited me that much.

To be honest, in all fairness, I find Diablo boring. I've played it so much by now, that there's nothing to surprise me anymore. Oh look, Blizzard created a new uber monster. Big deal, there are 2 other ones that people have a regular way to hunt and bring down merely to use its rewards to create cookie cutter chars. I remember "back in the day" when the game had no high runes, and the stuff that now is junker was uber 1337. Now, if you introduced Uber Tristram into THAT Diablo... now that would be a whole different story. CO-OP would be truly a necessity, and the game would be so much more fun (either that or there would simply be less characters that could pull it off, therefore making the game even less interesting). I guess the torches would make people kill each other after it was done since only one drops, but hey, it would've been fun while they were killing them :)

For a whole year I spent my time building new characters that I haven't played yet. As soon as I finished one, I would realize that not only did I not really know how to use it well, but it was probably inferior to the characters I had before so I would get bored quickly and quit on it. To keep myself occupied, I just make another one. Rinse and repeat. Magic finding... oh so darn boring. The same routing 30 times in one hour can drive you insane. I had a set playlist when I was doing my runs, and now every time I hear a song from that playlist it reminds me of the Tower Cellar as I was coming down for the Countess, 25th time in a row to whack her mercilessly.

I can't say it wasn't a fun game. But seriously, how long can you do mf, baal runs, pvp, and w/e, all because you want some more pixels.|||I think there'll probably be another patch at some point, but after last time, the first any of us will hear about it is when they announce the Player Test Realm.|||i completly agree with you boogyman.

and i add that diablo has transformed into a trading game. we don't play it anymore : we get quest rushed, xp rushed, and pass our time trading to equip those chars.

last week i started playing single player after too many years of battle net and i found it more fun..

and i don't think they'll be a 1,14 patch. when D3 comes out, D2 will be abandonned for sure|||if dual class(if it's real) gets introduced in 1.14 it might just revive the game a lil bit.|||what you mean by dual class? like half paladin and half barbarian or something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment