Thursday, April 19, 2012

Strangest boss drop ever?

So I started a new char, playing SP (/players 1 for the relevant part). I get to Act 2, still normal difficulty, kill Duriel for the quest, and look what drops...

5 scrolls of town portal.

Thats it. Nothing else. Just 5 scrolls of town portal. I know Duriel always drops 1, but 5? Really!?

Anyone else ever see something so strange from a boss drop? I didn't even realize that sort of thing was possible.

What is the probability of that specific event happening anyways?|||That's why I don't farm Duriel. Seriously, even on Hell, two-thirds of the time he drops 3-4 whites and 1 magic+ item.|||Strangest thing I've ever had drop was Diablo on Hell dropped a TP, ID Scroll and two 1 soc flanged maces. I was like... "Not even one magic item?" I think he dropped some potions too, but I mainly remember not having a magical item drop. Which seemed really wrong. Or maybe one dropped and it was just so pathetic I didn't count it.|||It happens from time to time. I've never seen 5, but I've seen 4 several times, and almost always see one. There was a thread while back about it and it appears that his item drop code is bugged. He has garbage for a drop table and tp scrolls are at the top of the list.|||3keys from a key spawner (nith, countess, summoner) in the same game. at first i thought drop was bugged:) learned the issue later...

standard of heroes from ubers, noone picks them and they have no use. very strange drop

duriel dropping TP only was a bug in 1.13 beta, right? was not it fixed in final 1.13c?|||Nope, still there.|||I've had an Arachnid Mesh drop from Duriel, as well as a rainbow facet. Seeing how Duriel usually drops garbage, I thought these two drops were very unusual.

Its also very fun to find and pick up a Biggin's Bonnet or Lenymo in Hell.|||i seem to get dropped the unique scythe alot from hell bosses :/ i forget what its called (maybe soul harvester) thats always amusing,

but yeah duriel does suck :/|||Also, because it hasn't been mentioned, I've had 3 essences from one kill. (meph / dia / ball / andy & duriel)

No comments:

Post a Comment