Saturday, April 21, 2012

Diablo 2

I have a vision of how I want to play Diablo 2, but I need to find the right people to do it.

I don't want to trade for hacked items. In fact, I don't want to trade for items at all. I want to go completely untwinked. However, I do want to get the most out of our characters by planning and teamwork.

I want to plan out our entire team as a team. For example, assignment of mercs such that we get every possible aura, with the remainder being prayer mercs since it's the only one that stacks. One pally with conviction, the other with fanat. Things like this. It would all be discussed ahead of time and planned out such that the team operates most efficiently as a team. Then we would plan a schedule for playing. We would only play those characters during those scheduled times. Of course if you want to play more, you can have a different character that you play as you choose. But the team would only play as a team and stay the same levels in the same areas.

I just have a dream of the ultimate party that could rock the game even untwinked because of an insane combination of skills. BO, oak sage, convinction, every offensive aura, several prayers, etc, etc. And I would like to take a shot at finally making it a reality. The problem is that I don't know anyone in real life that plays D2. So I'm making this post and seeing if anyone is interested.

If you're a powergamer that just wants to make another hammerdin, this isn't the thing for you. We may be using some unusual builds because we feel like it optimizes the team. You have to be able look at D2 as a team sport. I know this is very foreign and probably impossible for most D2 players, so only reply if you're the kind of weird person like me that gets excited by this idea.

Thanks.|||Wow, this game is dead.|||I'd love to do this, but I just don't have the time man. Sorry. Going untwinked is where it's at, but I just don't have the time :/|||Here is a first draft of what I have in mind. It is subject to change based on your input as I'm sure there are factors I have overlooked.

Mercs: 1 holy freeze merc, 1 might merc, 1 defiance merc, 5 prayer mercs. These would be distributed to the eight characters. It really doesn't matter a bunch since we will all be getting the effect of all eight. Just in case we decide to go split ops for some reason (two mf teams or something) we'd try to make logical choices here, like the sorc gets the insight so she gets a prayer.

Chars. I will only list the skills you must max for the team. Everything else is whatever you want to do.

1. Barb. Shout/BO.

2. Paladin. Conviction.

3. Druid. Oak Sage.

4. Paladin. Concentration. (But don't make hammers because you're untwinked and you won't benefit from all the other auras.)

5. Druid. Heart of Wolverine.

6. Paladin. Salvation. (A little bit of overkill here, but this is untwinked and why not--you're still gonna have concentration, HoW, might, etc, so we have this luxury.)

7. Necro. Amp dmg and life tap. (1 point in each is fine since points only affect duration.)

8. Sorc. (Doesn't really have any party friendly skills (other than enchant but it's kinda crap untwinked), but there was an extra slot and we have conviction.)

General thoughts:

I honestly think even completely untwinked this party would be insane. It's so efficient. People might have powerful chars, but how many get to play with maxed conviction, maxed concentration, maxed oak sage, maxed bo, maxed shout, maxed HoW, maxed salvation, level 30 might, level 16 holy freeze, level 18 defiance, and 5 level 18 prayers. I mean seriously guys, this would be insanely fun.

Based on the way the auras shake out, it seems to me like the druids should go with shapeshifter/melee builds to take full advantage. But all the physical dmg dealers could still look for weapons with high elemental damage to take advantage of the conviction as well. Seems like a no brainer that the necro should go summoner with all the auras, particularly since it's untwinked. Man, I just got even more excited thinking about a summoner necro with all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment