Saturday, April 21, 2012

Merc keeps dieing

Hey guys,

My merc keeps dieing and its getting really annoying because it delays my mfing. Not to mention I feel I am using far more potions than I think I should.

I have a lvl 90 Meteorb sorc (use it more like an orball sorc tho because of casting delays). My equipment is all ideal for a Fire/Ice sorc that is used for MF. They are not perfect versions, but they are up there.

My merc has might aura because I want him to kill the immune units quickly (and more damage = more life leach). As there is not much room for change with a merc, I feel this is an option that has some give to it. Would you recomend a different aura? Prayer? the freeze aura thing?

Equip:

Eth Andarial 10%LL, Eth Fortitude Archon plate (3500def), Eth Insight

He has about 3000 life after the BO and does about 8000 dmg



I have the electric sheild thingy and about 1600 mana after BO on my sorc. This is why i went with an insight. I find that my sorc runs out of mana too fast without the +mana regen aura

Weapon options:

BOTD - Would deal more damage and get increased life leach.. do you think this would help him? I would end up suffering from lack of mana regen

Infinity - The enemy resistance reduction would be welcome. I could maybe kill enemies faster so they dont kill my merc? Merc would still have same life leach, similar damage, and susceptibility to death. I also may run out of my own mana without the extra regen

What do you guys think?|||Holy freeze aura would help by both slowing down enemies and the rate at which they attack. Also, I constantly reposition my merc so he doesn't get swarmed.

Your mercs gear is pretty much optimal, so I don't see much room for improvement.|||just a note:

all my a2 merc's use gladitor's bane (if i can find eth), with gladiators they survive better. your merc doesnot have any FHR so when he is hit, he wont be able to hit back and if swarmed or against a fast attacker, he wont have a chance to leach. if you have a eth stone just try with that, it is kinda cheaper than your eth AP fort

gladitor's has CBF (so never slowed), 30FHR (nice), MD/PDR and good defense. socket it with a rune or jewel or gem what you think he misses with weapon and helm|||Have you tried Normal/Hell Act2 Merc with Prayer aura? I tend to use that instead of Holy Freeze these days. It's like a free second life leeching weapon :)

Playing Frozen Orb/ Fireball MF sorc myself.|||Those are all some pretty solid suggestions (eth Gladiator's Bane, holy freeze, prayer is nice too since it should synergize the meditation from Insight too right?).

I actually like using a merc with prayer (act 2 normal/hell defensive merc). Using a similar setup to yours, Andariel's, eth Fortitude, and eth Infinity (my gal's a light sorc), Neeraj is sitting pretty at around 26 odd thousand defense with defiance and chilling active (and you get some benefit from the boost in defence too, though it's less pronounced in later acts in hell).

If nothing else try a few different setups and mercs, at least hiring a new Waheed or Emelio only costs gold.|||Sounds like some solid suggestions

I think i'll play around with the different aura's first

Good tip on the repositioning. It slows me down a little bit, but stops be from having to revive that turd once or twice every run.

Does the prayer regen life fast enough to make a difference?

I thought the regen was only nominal in hell.. not enough to make a difference|||Seems so at least It also pretty much cancels any poison you/ your merc may have.|||I havent played sorc in 1.10+ but I would chose holy freeze merc with insight (infy to increase efficiency if you have enough mana). CoH as armor (res, ll and dr) and I am not sure about helm.

lower resist wand (charges) or infy for immunes seems to be better than merc's physical damage.|||like already stated, you should prolly go with the holy freeze merc. i've found that it helps both him and you last longer.

as for his equipment, i'd honestly suggest keeping what you have, maybe getting a better andy's (unless the life leech is high already).

you might also consider putting a socket in the andy's and throwing a ral in it, or a 15 ias/res jewel

what keeps killing him, as you might be able to keep him alive more, simply by changing up what you do a bit|||When I play necro, I don't worry what merc has except for insight and g-face.

For a sorc, your merc has to hold up a bit.

Andy's and infinity if you can afford it. CB is a win.

Eth reaper's toll or eth bonehew with 2 amns and a Gface is another good combo LL and CB.



Bottom line - you can jack your merc up all you want, but as a sorc, he's gonna die sometimes. LL and CB will help reduce the number of times as will freezing aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment