Thursday, April 19, 2012

Game won't remember map reveals.

My buddy and I are playing co-op over local LAN. Whenever we save and quit and then play again , the game does not remember what we have explored. Everything we did is still there, it's just not the revealed on the map.

Any clues?

PS: If I play alone , the map is remembered|||Yes, that's how it works. If you multiplay or switch difficulties, the game resets your map. You can use this repeatedly to get the most efficient maps for magic funding runs on a single target like Mephisto, but it can also be irritating.|||Thank you for your reply. Bummer, guess I'll just have to live with it then. By multi-play do you mean LAN? Does it do the same thing on battle.net? Also, Does the map actually re-arrange every time we play (I haven't really paid attention)?

Thanks again,|||Yes, every game you enter on battle.net will have a different map. The only way to keep the same map is to play Single Player solo. Well, there IS a way to manually reset your map seed through the use of the -seed command being added to the properties line of your shortcut. The Single Player Forum on these forums has some strict rules about its use:

"-seed

A way to recover lost maps. This should rarely be used and should always be declared. The only acceptable use is for recovering maps which are accidentally lost and if used correctly. Seeds should never be posted or shared.

Correct use: Inset seed into properties window. Start game. Load character. DO NOT PLAY THE GAME. Quit the game entirely (back to desktop). Clear the seed. Restart and play."


So, assuming you use ATMA or GoMule (which are both incredible for Single Player play), you can view your map seed, expressed as an eight digit number. Save the number of the map seed you want to keep, and then to reset to it (for a forum-approved reason of course), you can insert -seed12345678 (or whatever your seed number is) and go forward.

If you play mostly Single Player, you'll find TONS of good information in the Single Player Forum. That's how I prefer to play, myself.

Welcome to our forums!|||Thank you!|||I was wondering how to recover my maps with -seed.

So for a "forum approved reason", if I find a seed I want to keep, I can use it without asking moderators right? I'm also assuming you can only keep 1 seed per difficulty?

Also what other reasons would you have for using -seed? Sorry for asking but I can't think of anything else haha.

EDIT: Got my answer here: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=546556

Messes with RNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment