Saturday, April 21, 2012

SP mods & Bnet consequences?

I'm currently playing on both Bnet and single player. I wanted to make my merc an Insight on SP, so I am considering using the "rune word mod" (RWM). Would this get me banned from Bnet?|||Nope, you should be good.|||Could I get some more people's confirmation on this? I have read that some people make 2 separate installations to make sure things like RWM didn't get them banned from bnet. However, I don't know if that is just precautionary, or based on actual people getting banned for it.|||As The Noodle says, you should be good.|||Diablo needs a maximum of 3 gigs, that's 10c worth of HD space nowadays. So why taking a risk? Blizzard probably has no problem with people using mods at home, but they won't guarantee that it won't trigger their hack detectors on bnet.|||If you're going to run RWM then I would recommend using a 'vanilla' shortcut to access Bnet; that is without the -direct -txt. You don't need a separate install; just a second shortcut.

If you are going to go on Bnet and are using our modified gfx.dll to run multiple instances DEFINITELY use the original .dll before hitting Bnet (even to upgrade versions) because that WILL get you banned.

No comments:

Post a Comment