Thursday, April 19, 2012

do you use the temp-perm trick

So, as kalvydas said, there should be a poll in this forums "who use the temp-perm trick". Btw, this is the first poll i am making.

I don't use the trick, just because i think it doesn't make any sense. How could a quick trade then save&exit would perm your stuff for a game?|||thx BabyLink for making this poll.

I dont know if its my luck or that, but all my HRs that poofed (4 to this day), did that when I got c/i or simply left game. And none of HR poofed after I left game using temp-perm trick. So yes, I use this temp-perm trick :)

EDITED:temp-perm method: you ask another player to trade and after getting to the trade screen you just cancel trade and leave game as quickly as possible.

And from one diablo trade site:"Don't carry unperm items around with you from game to game. Keep them on a character you don't often use until you're ready to use them.

Trade-Cancel immediately before you leave every game. Opening a tradescreen with another player and closing it will remove deletion flags from your items. Deletion flags may be reapplied to your item if you do not leave immediately after doing this.

Placing an unperm jewel in a socket will effectively perm it. You won't have to worry about your unperm jewel disappearing once it has been used"|||And by temp-perm you mean? ...|||asking for a trade with someone, then as soon as he accept, you cancel the trade ans leave te game|||I don't know whether it works or not, but I think it's worth trying if there's a slight chance to save my high runes.|||No, I dont believe in that kind of thing.|||Even though there is no evidence showing this does/doesn't work, theres no harm in doing it.

Edit: i voted 'yes'|||I don't really believe in it, and I never ask to do so, but I tend to do so if the other player offers to do it for me. It can't hurt, and it's nice not to turn someone down when they offer you a favor.|||1. People talk a lot, but really, there's no way to know what kind of coding is going on realmside.

2. You're not going to be able to "beat" a computer by leaving "quickly".|||Quote:




You're not going to be able to "beat" a computer by leaving "quickly".




second

if bliz found a method to keep dups that worked that easily they would have patched it already

No comments:

Post a Comment