Saturday, April 21, 2012

Did you know...

So we all have been playing D2 for a loooong time (at least I have). And sometimes I still learn something new about this game.

I would like to see this thread filled with little gems of information that are not general knowledge.

I'll start with something I have just recently learned:

Did you know that antidote and thawing potion give you 50 poison or cold resist and 10 max poison or cold resist for 30 secs.|||Very useful for killing Duriel. And they also stack, so 4 thawing potions will work for 2 mins.

I don't have much to contribute, but one thing I have recently found out that i never knew before is that in act 3 in the flayre dungeon and places like that, there are secret doors. I found out when i could see some gold in a small room but no way door or entrance. So I just clicked around on the wall and suddenly it opened.|||Click "n" to get rid of the bot messages in a game|||You can send and wait in peace for whispered messages in the special channel "the void". You are always alone in there.

Click on the lower half of the mana/life bulb (I'm not sure which mouse button) and life and mana will also be shown as numbers.

After talking to Jerhyn after killind Duriel for the act 2 quest, enter the harem, cast a TP and enter it. That will save you from running through all of the town to reach the ship for act 3.|||Quote:








Click "n" to get rid of the bot messages in a game




Funny how an ad bot taught me this :)



You can shift + right click a mana/life pot in merchants menu and it fills your belt with them.



Also, you can enter ancient tunnels with telekinesis|||Quote:








After talking to Jerhyn after killind Duriel for the act 2 quest, enter the harem, cast a TP and enter it. That will save you from running through all of the town to reach the ship for act 3.






Thank You!!! Played this darn game since it came out and never figured out that short cut|||Type /nopickup in the chat window to avoid having the inventory filled up with Bolts, arrows and minor mana pots.|||if you break a barrell and it explodes while wearing arm of king leoric (for example, chance to cast bone spirit) the bonespirit will try to attack the barrell but its exploded so it will go back and forth on the spot until it evaporates |||I've had a few players tell me they've never seen these two (I thought they were common knowledge)

Door Trick Andy - you can draw her to the large double doors, tele to the other side and kill her by using area-effect spells and she can't touch you. (ya I know tanking Andy isn't that difficult but it can save your merc )

You can strand your Merc so he doesn't trigger Meph to attack when moat-tricking him - go to the top of the middle "bridge" just next to the portal - run around the corner fast to whatever side you want to attack Meph from and the merc can be stranded.|||Quote:








Click on the lower half of the mana/life bulb (I'm not sure which mouse button) and life and mana will also be shown as numbers.




OMG! That's what triggers that! I've noticed sometimes the numbers show and sometimes they don't, and I could never find where to turn them on!

Umm, I can't think of many tricks atm, but some might not know: /fps will bring up a stat screen showing the framerate and internet latency (ping). This has been useful for me trying to get my ping down to a level where my tele doesn't just skip all over the place.

Oh, and sometimes you can tele into walls, and while just a novelty for most situations, sometimes you can tele into a wall in Duriel's chamber and if you have an AoE spell like Meteor or Blizzard, you can kill Duriel in complete safety. It's random when you can do that though and not extremely common.

No comments:

Post a Comment