Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mf hammderdin or light sorc?

Hey

I hope this is this right section... I think it is..

Anyways

At the moment I have a blizz sorc whom can kill meph, summoner and andy. She has around 370 mf but never really finds anything worthwhile. I would like to start mfing baal, diablo, countness pits and nithiliak too. Should I restat my sorc to become a light sorc, and get an infinity and mf all these places or just make a hammerdin? I can afford a Enigma and infinity at the moment, if anyone is curious.

I'm on USEast Ladder by the way.

Thank you!|||I'm able to mf all the bosses with a CL/Orb sorc. She's lvl 94 now but was able to handle them all around lvl 90. Having torch/anni/skiller gcs are a must though. And infinity on you or your merc are going to make a huge difference. My merc (NM Act 2, Might) wears a"ral'd" eth andy, eth bugged fort, and eth CV infinity. He never dies and helps a ton with those cold/light immunes. My gear in case it helps...

Shako pTopaz

29 Mara

COH Archon Plate 15ed

Arachnid

Ist'd Occy

34fcr Spirit

on switch, 4bo CTA and 29fcr Spirit

40mf Chancies

50mf War Travs

1 x SOJ

1 X 30mf Nagel

2 lite and 3 cold skiller gcs

17/20/6 anni

20/19 sorc torch

34mf Gheeds

2 x 7mf scs

2 x 6mf/5@ scs

1 x 20life sc

Chain Lightning, Lightning, and Frozen Orb are primary battle skills

If I'm not doing MF, then I switch to 40 HOTO (mostly used a 36 HOTO until I rolled this last week), 5/5 cold Nightwing, magefist, SOJ instead of 30mf nagel, and switch out the mf small charms for 20life small charms. She cuts through everything like butter then.

gl|||hmm i could get skillers too but a coh is kinda expensive. i can only really afford either a nigma or infinity. i think a hdin would be cheaper, since i have everything for him cept a nigma. what do you think?

Thanks for the reply though.|||i vote hammerdin if you absolutely have to pick one of those two.|||Hammerdin might be easier to get the gear needed, but there's something very satisfying about running an mf source (maybe it's the extremely fast teleport). Anyway if you do end up going with the Sorc, I'd think you could still do it with lesser gear. I'd think the Infinity would be more important than the Enigma with it's massive reduction to lightning resist. As for your armor would you be able to get yourself Skulders? It should be pretty cheap compared to COH or Enigma and will help your MF a lot.

There's plenty of other affordable gear you can try and there's a good guide you might want to check out here http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:...oc#Sorceresses|||If you can afford a Hammerdin with cookie-cutter level gear, then go for the Hammderdin, especially if you can afford some MF charms (Gheeds + 7%MF SC's). Such Hammerdin should outdo any similar-level Lightning Sorc in mostly everything (except for things like where you put on like 500% MF and do Meph). Of the three common "do-it-all'ers," Hammerdin will always be 1st place, with Lightning Sorc and Fishymancer 2nd and 3rd respectively. With the advent of Uber Trist and 1 pt Smiting, he has pulled even farther ahead as the only one of the three who can easily do Uber with simple gear switch.

Hammerdin's reputation as a worse MF'er and more of a "rusher" is a misconception. It's just that we've become pampered with putting 500+ MF on sorceresses that the perfectly reasonable 2-300% MF normally on a Hammerdin seems lacking. Doing Chaos runs after Chaos runs, I've found that about 300 MF on my Hdin is a good balance between ensuring that the Uniques and Superuniqus drop Uniques and Sets frequently, while still letting socketables drop from normals, rather than all of them being magic.|||yeah i got a pair of eth skullders. I currently use tal armor btw, but idk i think ima go with the hdin. before I had 15k light and it barely hurt andy, would infinity help with this? the sorc seems weaker though...im afraid she'd get wrecked in chaos and such. I mean the only thing i need for my hdin is a nigma, for the sorc i think id have to spend more...

i could always make both xD when funds permit that.

But hey, for light sorc. What would be decent gear?

i got an anni, 12/20 storch. tal armor, shako, occy w/ ist, splendor, tal belt tal ammy, nagel and some rare mf/resist/fcr ring.

Speaking of light sorcs...how about trap sin mfer? maybe in the future when i can afford a nigma and infinity.

but if my light sorc does 16k with infinity, she could kill any boss/area?|||My Meteorb sorc with Tal's gear is level 87 and manages to solo all of hell fairly well. A Complete run through of Countess, Andy, Summoner, Meph, Chaos, and Eldritch/Shenk is pretty fast (though I suppose not faster than a twinked Hdin) and I can solo Baal if I need/want to. Nil still gives me trouble occasionally, but I have a nature's peace when I feel like running him.|||Thanks for the reply.

I got an infinity. I did some googling and to me it seems light sorc is better. I don't ahve 75/75 all res. its nothing negative but i think ima ahve to fix that ;s. anyways, when funds permit maybe ill buy also a nigma and have a mf trapsin xD.

thanks for the help everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment