Saturday, April 21, 2012

ATMA Duplicating Bug

Before I start this post, I want you all to know this is not meant for trolling or arguments. This post is simply to answer a basic question.

I have read a lot about duplication on ATMA, and I know it is cheating (obviously), and unfair. I also know that it defeats the joy of finding rare items.

I have read people constantly say yes you can duplicate, but its not worth the risks!

What are the risks? Lets say you play single player only, can doing this destroy your characters?

I know one time in an open multiplayer game i picked up a weird looking unique item that i had never heard of and it made my character crash and unplayable. Would duplicating cause a similar effect?

Thanks for your help everybody!|||I'd ask the question in the Atma / GoMule thread.|||Duplicating with ATMA is very easy, but I am not going to discuss weather or not it will harm you, as it is a practice that is not supported by the SP community. The SP community also does not advocate using open Bnet for ANY reason, dangerous and bad stuff on there, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

If you have any more questions about legitimate single player play, I would post them in the single player forum. Or send a PM to Thyiad, the SPF moderator.|||If you were picking up items in Open Bnet then frankly I'd expect you to have problems. We won't touch Open in the SPF with a 10 ft barge pole because it is full of idiots doing stupid stuff. We don't allow any item or character that's touched Open Bnet in our MP/trade pool. It's almost certain to be come across something dodgy which we won't allow.

MP in the SPF is done over TCP/IP with other members of the SPF. People we know are going to play by our rules.

Using ATMA/GoMule to mule has been an accepted practice since before I joined this forum. Duping is not, never has been and never will be.

PM me if you are still confused.|||i always knew duping is not accepted, but people act like it will destroy their characters... I was just curious if it did that.

And i know about open B net. I learned my lesson! That was my first good guy, made a few okay runewords by myself, lvl 70 frenzy barb, lost him instantly. I almost cried lol!

Thanks everyone!

btw... Meteorbs rock!|||Apart frm what has already been said: It's not a bug with ATMA.

It's no secret at all that you can dupe in single-player by making copies of the saved character files. ATMA can move items from one character to another, store them in separate file and restore them from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment