Thursday, April 19, 2012

Item Level for Amulet Crafting

So what I am trying to do is craft a blood amulet with +2 Druid skills, good life find, and the perfect 10 FRW. What I am not sure of is which amulets to use.

I was looking on the Arreat Summit and was looking at the formulae for crafting and it seems like Ilvl= 1/2 of Items Quality Level and 1/2 of your level. And I also read that amulet's quality level is set to at least the lvl of the monster that dropped it. So rather than running Nihlathak and Baal repeatedly I was looking at the MLvl of the Council Members. The council members are Lvl 88 in hell according to the summit. But considering all the council members in Trav and the Durance are all either Unique or Unique minions their lvls should be 91 since Minions and Uniques all gain +3 levels. So in order to get a Ilvl of 90 to get the +2 Druid skills ammy I would have to use CM dropped ammys in the crafting process and be atleast LVL 89.

What I am wanting is someone to tell me if all my ideas are right before I start throwing Prubies, JJs, and Amn runes at this.|||I'd suggest exp to lvl93 and gamble for those amulets rather than running areas. You can of course exp to 95 and use any area level 85 dropped amulet, but 93 is much easier to get.
Quote:




The council members are Lvl 88 in hell according to the summit. But considering all the council members in Trav and the Durance are all either Unique or Unique minions their lvls should be 91 since Minions and Uniques all gain +3 levels.




I am not sure what's this about, but probably you are wrong calculating it. Durance is lvl85 area, and while uniques get +3, they end up as 88 lvl as mentioned in summit and you shouldnt add another +3 :). This needs confirmation however.|||BTW, Durance 3 is actually a L84 area and only the councils in Baal's throne room are L88, the others are lower.

A lot of superuniques have monster levels which aren't tied to the area level, for example Nihlathak (L95).|||Ok. That's what I wasn't sure of. The monster chart lists them as LVL 88 but I guess considering they are a Unique monster like Griswald or the Smiths that the chart reflects their actual lvl as Uniques. Well crap. I am a melee druid so getting to 93 from 89 may take another month but I won't know until I build my beast axe and see average kill times on baal. I will just have to wait and see how fast I kill him. I guess I will just have to rely on ammy drops from him. And about gambling. I can't know what lvl of amulet I drop from gambling can I? I know the whole 3/4s of quality lvl is supposed to be rq lvl. But I have seen some inconsistancies with that in the past. Oh and FRW cannot naturally spawn on ammys, has to be crafted in.|||Quote:




And about gambling. I can't know what lvl of amulet I drop from gambling can I?




when gambling, amulet lvl is set to -5/+4 of char lvl. The idea of lvl93 gambling is that your amulets will be 93-5=88 lvl (minimum) to 93+4=97 lvl (maximum). If you craft with 93lvl char, (93+88)/2=90.5 (rounded down to 90) is enough for all crafts to have a chance of 2skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment