Thursday, April 12, 2012

Merc Resists Question (which to add)

[:1]My current merc has the following resists:

39/69/69/95

Currently sporting an Um'd Andy's and a 1 OS Guardian Angel. Should I add another UM to my Guardian Angel or should I add a Ral?

Btw- I'm level 90 (as is the merc) and I don't think I'll be getting any higher.

So I guess I'll be looking at either:

69/69/69/95 or 54/84/84/95|||Not much point in guardian angel if you're not going to be getting more than 75% resists. What is his weapon? (And what class are you?)

If you don't need something specific (like infinity) in weapon slot, obedience is pretty all around nice as a merc weapon, and has enough resists to put him at 90 all with a ral in the GA.|||Insight CV and I run a Hammerdin |||Andys tends to be Ral'd as it cancels out it's drawback.

GA, other than raising max res doesn't really do anything for a merc, Ebug Trechery armor imo is the best cheap mans merc armor their is. FHR, Attack speed, Reses (proc: fade), damage (proc: venom), physical damage reduction (proc fade). In my experience you don't need more than 75@ on a merc (assuming you can teleport).

Other cheap armors are: Shaft, Gladiators Bane.

If you can afford it: Ebug Fortitude is the way to go for a merc.|||When I did baal runs on my sorc I used GA on my merc for 90 resist all, he tanked baal packs with it. Without GA he always folded over dead on the council pack, but with it he almost always made it all the way through (occasionally fanatic lister killed him).

it isn't a bad choice, if you need him to tank a lot of elemental damage, but it is certainly a bad choice if you aren't maxing out his resists.

Treachery is good and cheap. Gloom or stone are also good options and cheap (all ebug of course if you can), and like RE said, if you're rich, fortitude is hard to beat.

Hammerdins also don't really need insight unless they're using enigma and teleporting a lot. Flashing redemption is all the mana regen you need if you're killing your way through the game.|||I am using teleport a lot which is why the regen is nice. That's basically all he is used for (that and to be a Lilith tank)

No comments:

Post a Comment