Saturday, April 21, 2012

Unkillable rogue archer?

I am a level 73 Paladin in Hell with max resists (except a few points off in cold and poison), 14% DR, 4200 defense (thanks Holy Shield) with good gear and 15%/+15 fire, cold and lightning absorption, max Vengeance, Fanaticism and Conviction. The other day, I was killed in 3 shots by a unique corrupt rogue archer in the Black Marsh. Couldn't even land a blow to her. Her mods included Extra Strong, Multiple Shots, Spectral Hit and some immunities. I had about 630 life and my mercenary had 900 with good gear. He was killed in two shots and I was dead in three. Any way to prevent this from happening in the future? Would a Shaftstop keep this from happening? Any feedback I could get owuld be greatly appreciated.|||Quote:




630 life




Very low for hell, some monsters will even one-hit you sometimes. I guess 1500 is the least number for Hell, my necromancer has 1679 before cta and merc 2150 before cta. Are you on bnet? I think you can have 16-17 life scs pretty cheap (maybe 1pgm each), also something is probably wrong with your build and other gear.|||You don't need 1500 life (and probably difficult to reach with an untwinked character at L73), but 630 is definitely too low for a melee character. Maybe 1000?

When running, every attack will hit and the block chance goes down to 1/3 its value (max 25%). However, you want to appoach quickly because archers will try to keep a distance, so either run zigzag or use charge (or both) to reach him.|||I run hell constantly under 1000 life as a CASTER.

However, at 673 you can and will occasionally get 1-hit as a melee. I would never go into hell lower than 1k hp as a melee.|||on bnet as a zealot i'm in hell with 1450 hp. that's before B.O but i still need to get some better stuff going. my build also isn't done, however it can run ubers just fine. just be careful, and i'd use charge to get as close as you can quickly so your block will be as good as possible.|||As said, this is probably about an untwinked character, so there's no point in suggesting investments into +life gear or mentioning BO (which needs a runeword which is way out of reach if there's no barb in his party).

BTW, a paladin doesn't need BO respectively CtA in PvM. He has maxed resists and 75% blocking. All he needs is protection from kills with 1-2 hits. For example, none of my typical characters has CtA, except the key gatherer (Nihlathak, tomb vipers) and I guess that character could live without it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment