Thursday, April 19, 2012

Accounts missing?

I have not logged in to D2 for quite some time, so today out of curiosity I decided to check them out. To my surprise a few are no longer there. I had numbered the accounts 1~10, and find that account01 to account06 are fine, I just had to refresh the characters that had expired. However oddly 7 ~ 10 I get an error message telling me the account does not exist.

Now it was my impression that the accounts always remained, but your characters expired in 90 days. If after 90 days nobody has take your character name, then you can still refresh that character. But these are whole accounts that are missing. I seem to kind of remember some problems back around when 1.13 patch came out with characters missing, but not accounts.

So did Blizzard change their policies? The message I get of course it that the account does not exist, and if I have not been on Battle.net for more than 90 days I need to create a new account. I am guessing they must have done some server clean up within the past year?|||AFAIK that's how it's always been. Like your characters they probably require a certain amount of log-in time to become permanent. I only had one D2 account survive plus my two old StarCraft ones which were the only ones I used a lot.|||I've never had a problem with losing a whole account. I did have 3 of 6 characters disappear in patch 1.13.

I hadn't played in like two years I think and came back to a practically empty account.

If accounts get deleted due to inactivity I guess it's a good thing I log into each account daily because of transfers and such. Most of my accounts are for mules as I am a hoarder.|||Some of my chars were expired but never deleted, I still got expired barbarian in non-ladder which i havent played for years. Didnt lose account for that, too.|||I checked again today to see if there was maybe just a glitch, and still those accounts say they do not exist. All my characters on the other accounts expired, only 2 whose names were taken so I can not recover them, the rest are fine now.

This is kind of frustrating because on these accounts I had saved tons of crafting stuff (pgems, gloves, charms, etc..).

I know I had logged in AFTER the 1.13 patch came out. When I come to think of it that was about the last time I played, albeit not for long after it was released. I do know that since then I had logged in and gone and refreshed the characters. So it is strange that these accounts are gone, and the others remain.|||I had this same problem - i guess its just a time issue, havent played d2 since ages. guess its time to make a new one!|||if you haven't logged into your accounts after a certain ammount of time, blizzard deletes them. i have lost a few accounts to this, so even when i'm not playing i log in just 1 in a 3 month span and they stay up

No comments:

Post a Comment