Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cubing low runes

[:1]Is it worth the time ecconomically to cube low runes (under pul) for higher. Or is it more worth your while to save them and hope for a lucky trade?|||Cubing up runes makes no economical sense, they won't gain any value from that (except you do that before a ladder reset, to sell them after that). However, if you have too many of those runes which are good for nearly nothing but upgrading into a (halfway) useful rune (like Dol->Hel, Io->Lum->Ko, Fal->Lem), it makes sense to upgrade them. It saves space on your mules.|||Runes that are used in crafting are worth far more when kept as is and traded in bulk. Low runes that are not used in crafting should be combined though.

Nef, Tal, Ral, Ort, Thul, Amn, Sol, Hel - keep these to trade

Shael, Dol - cube into Hel, no one wants them

Io+ - not usually traded in bulk, keep them as is or cube them|||I usually keep 2 of each rune on my mules. If I happen to get a third rune of the same kind, I check to see if that rune or the upped version would be useful to me in a future runeword. But thats just me. If you can spare the space on a mule, keep them as they are, it's very useful to have most runes directly available to you. If you don't have the space, either up them or just dont pick them up. I used to do long and many countess/travincal rune runs, and I think I got around a Pul from upping lowlevel runes.. so its definitely not something a serious rune collector would be doing.|||Honestly, economically, you're probably better off just selling them for gambling money and roll amulets and rings on a high-level char, hoping for good rares. It'd take so many low runes to make even a Lem or Pul, I'd bet you'd roll a sellable amulet before you cubed up to a Pul.

Let alone the fact that it'd take an entire mule just dedicated to low-rune storage.|||cubing low runes is a waste of time. The time it takes you to make something useful you could do runs and find more value. Keep crafting and spirit runes, leave the rest on the ground.|||Ehhhh.... don't do that. Totally not worth it. Not even remotely possible. Punch in some numbers and watch them grow.... exponentially

Pul is generally considered the first tradeable rune. In order to make a single Pul rune, you need 3,486,784,401 El runes. If you need a Zod, multiply 4096 to that and you'll need 14,281,868,906,496. And that's not even counting the various gems you need. Space-wise and time-wise, it is highly unlikely that anybody will be able to cube the runes they need by gathering lower runes.|||Meh... I cube certain runes. And cube lower ones when my Rune Mule is filling up.

Other day I had like 36ish Thuls... So in all honesty what do I do with them? Not a whole lot.

Try to make Spirit packs? Just need 36x4 Tal, Ort, Amn and then the Hels. Sure, let's just make another mule, or actually 4 more, to hold more items, cause muling in this game is so fun already Not like I'm already bothered with stashs full of gem mules, jewel mules, rune mules, item mules, etc, etc, etc. There comes a point where too much is too much.

Craft with 'em? Craft what? Blocking Ammys? I guess...

Caster boots? Ya I'm gonna find 30+ magic boots of the specific kind, before I find 30 more Thuls... I actually considered this til I the amount Thuls I had doubled while finding 2 Demonhide boots in the same time.

Found it alot easier to just take my lower guys chipped topazes and cube 12 Amns...

I find nothign wrong with cubing low runes... I'm not cubing them to eventually cube a Jah. That's just insanity.

But I run Countess a ton, and I've ended up cubing low/mid runes up to where I have an assload of Hel's and Pul's. I mean if I really wanted to I could cube Puls into some Ists, I mean cubing all those mid runes got me all those Puls.

It's not like every rune I find is an El... So it's not like I'm starting at El to cube up. Running countess out the ***, you get more low/mid runes than you need, and besides the 3 or 4 "money" ones, the others are more than likely just gonna sit around.

It's not that time consuming with all the chipped/flawed gems I find starting new guys in Normal...

I basically cube everything when I have 4+ so I'm never short a Runeword if I can make it, and I just save the "money" ones, like Rals, Amns, Sols, etc. Cube certain runes to a certain point, then cube above that rune to a certain point.

I get what people are saying about trying to Cube up Els into a HR... It's not realistic, but honestly I'd rather cube up my spares than have to created another rune mule and go through that hassle of transferring runes/gems/items/jewels to 5 toons per few games than the already annoying 4.

In summary... I cube to save space, because the last thing I want to do is create another mule for the umpteenth times.|||I also cube everything, but basically because I am too autistic to leave runes lying on the ground. I keep two or three of every kind and cube everything else.

Same with gems, really, I'm keeping a few chipped to cube runes, and the rest I'm upgrading - got a lot of pgems that way.

Then again, I play SP where muling is easy. :)|||Quote:








I also cube everything, but basically because I am too autistic to leave runes lying on the ground.




I have a few similar compulsions, like picking up all 1000+ gold heaps, opening the chest in the Outer Cloister on the way to the Tunnels, not drinking positions before going down to 10% life (therefore dying a couple of silly deaths) taking mortal risks to pick up a single flawless gem, even with L90+ characters who would need a lot of time to compensate the XP loss when dying.

I stopped muling any unique and set item, however. OTOH, it's certainly satisfying to a certain degree to have a hoard of 250 Isenhart's armors in SP .

No comments:

Post a Comment